Translate

Sunday 2 June 2013

May Favourites [features lots of S&G]

Hello lovelies! The weather is beautiful here in sunny Britain - it feels as though we are going to have a proper summer for once, which seems to be such a rare occurence. I have been super busy lately but things should be slowing down a little now so I will hopefully be able to post more often. Again, I apologise for being distant - I've been working a lot recently but I am pretty much back to normal now so am hoping to get back on track with my blogging.
 
ANYWAY there are several products that I have been loving this month and I am super excited to share them with you as I believe that a few of them haven't received as much recognition as they deserve.

 
Headline Colours - 'Poolside Party' Nail Polish
 
I received this nail polish in the May Glossybox and I absolutely love this! It is such an amazing quality and doesn't chip straight away and delivers a gorgeous, bright blue colour from just one coat. I received a number of compliments while wearing this and even though I don't often go for light-coloured nails, I believed that this was too stunning to not wear. Headline Colours are a fairly new brand but I could definitely see them going really far.
 
 
Soap & Glory - 'Hand Food' Hand Cream
 
So you'll notice that I have particularly been loving Soap & Glory products this month - I went a little crazy at Boots, as always. I'm usually really bad when it comes to using hand cream as most of them leave your hands feeling awkward and greasy. However, 'hand food' sinks into your hands really nicely and leaves them feeling soft and smelling beautiful. Id heard so many wonderful things about this product so I finally decided to try it out and yep, I agree with everyone else.
 
 
Soap & Glory - 'Solar Powder' Bronzer
 
I've always been a little scared of bronzers to be honest but I have finally found one which has become a massive essential to me. Solar Powder is light and easy to use and adds a bit of colour to your face, without looking orange. I apply this by brushing a small amount across my cheeks using a powder brush - and a little really does go a long way!
 
 
Soap & Glory - 'Face Soap Clarity' Face Wash
 
I know, I know... I have a serious S&G addiction! I was on the look out for a gentle, exfoliating daily face wash and I found exactly that with Face Soap Clarity. It's super easy to use: you squeeze a small amount on to your fingers, rub it in to create a foamy substance and rub in to your face for a squeeky clean and clear complexion. I've had so many problems with products like this making me break out in spots but I've not had a single blemish at all since using this - which is exactly how it should be. I now use this religiously every day - perfection in a bottle, wow!
 
 
Jelly Pong Pong - 'Fairy Lashes' Mascara
 
This is the second Glossybox product which has made it into my May Favourites; it was an amazing box this month! Jelly Pong Pong is such a little-heard-of brand but Fairy Lashes has got to now be my favourite mascara. Just a few strokes and my lashes are longer, thicker and remain this way all day. In fact, it's ridiculously hard to take off at night! This mascara is waterproof which is a bonus for the summer months and I will definitely be taking this on holiday with me as I know I won't have to worry about it leaking everywhere.
 
 
Rimmel - Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in shade 01
 
I couldn't work out the full name of this shade but it is shade '01.' I was desperate for a simple, bold red lipstick and spotted this shade in Rimmel's new 'Kate' collection. The shade is a classic dark red and looks lovely with a simple smokey eyed look. I recently wore this on a night out and it behaved all night; it didn't smudge or fade and lasted for hours, which is fantastic considering it costs just £5.49 from Boots. I will probably buy more products from this range.
 
Are there any more great products that I need to know about?


2 comments:

  1. following you now via GFC. love your reviews. you reminded me i need to paint my nails.

    ReplyDelete