Translate

Sunday 9 June 2013

Glossybox UK June: Opening & Review

Hey there, well I was a little bit annoyed to be woken up by the Glossybox deliver man banging repeatedly on the door at 7am on a Saturday morning! (How rude) But yep, it was worth the wake up call and I have even tried all the products out so that I can also give you a quick review too. Who ever thought that it would actually be sunny and hot in Britain for more than a day? Which brings me on to the theme for this months box which is summer looks.

 
When I first opened the box, I thought I had received six items but there are actually two bottles of one of the items, which both have slightly different functions. It was a good box this month, not absolutely amazing - but it was ok.
 
 
Q - Body spray
 
I am a sucker for a great smelling body spray! This body spray is my favourite item from this month's box as it smells girly and floral yet sophisticated. We received the full sized version of this product, which is 100ml and it retails at just £2.29 - which is definitely a bargain for such a fantastic quality summer essential. It's small enough to fit into your bag and the scent sticks around for a long time, which is great for those hot summer days.
 
 
Paul Mitchell Curls - Full Circle Leave-In Treatment & Ultimate Wave
 
We have basically recieved a '2 for 1' product; 2 items from the same brand but different products, which is great to compare and decide which one you like the best. Loose summer curls are definitely in this season so it's lovely to be able to keep up with current trends in this months box. I have only tried the Ultimate Wave cream, but am really keen to try the Leave-In Treatment too. The Ultimate Wave Cream has a really nice scent and assisted in defining curls - however it didn't last for as long as i'd hoped.
 
 
Monu - Hydrating Moisturiser SPF 15
 
I was pretty excited when I saw this as I've always has good experience with Monu as a brand; their products are always excellent quality and they take extra care to look after your skin - I don't understand why they still aren't that well heard of. Anyway, I have tried this moisturiser and it lived up to my expectations. Its soft and creamy consistency sank into my skin, leaving it hydrated and glowing. It's very pricey though at £29.95 for the full sized product, however Glossybox subscribers do receieve 10% off their next Monu purchase with the discount code.
 
 
Nuxe - Huile Prodigieuse Or
 
I know, I know... its name doesn't really give you any clues of what it is! I genuinely believed that this was a nail polish at first due to the bottle size and shape. This is a multi-purpose spray (though the spray on mine has become stuck in the lid) which can be used to moisturise the face, illuminate selected areas of the body or even as a strenghtening hair mask. 3 products in 1 = very convenient! I have used it as a facial moisturiser today and to be honest, my face feels too oily so I'm not sure whether I'll be using it again.
 
 
Figs & Rouge - Coco Rose
 
Subscribers will have either recieved the Coco Rose or Cherry Blossom flavour lip balm. It smells and tastes amazing. I am a huge lip balm snob though (but what can you expect when I'm addicted to Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Lip Protectant as a daily lip balm?) and though it does hydrate the lips really well, I've found it to be very gloopy and messy - so nope, I've not been converted. But hey, it's another full-sized product.
 
 
I always love to hear what everybody else has receieved - let me know!


7 comments:

  1. Looks like a fairly good box - I am subscribed to Birch Box :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how we all can get different items. I got the other version of the Figs & Rouge lip balm and I love it although it's not as good quality as my Benefit lip glosses that I use daily.

    Please check out what I got in my June box at www.retrococktail.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received the same box as you, but only got it today! I agree that it's just okay. I didn't even realise that shimmer oil had a spray part on it until I read this! Xx

    Costelloreviews.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't hugely impressed with the glossy box this month, but I do prefer yours to the nail polish I got... I generally quite like Paul Mitchell products x

    100 Follower Giveaway: Essie, Urban Decay, Soap & Glory, Lush!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The body spray and lip balm sound wonderful :) I just start birchbox and Ispy, it's a hit and miss I think.

    I wanted to invite you to join our Meet & Greet Blog Hop! It runs Tuesday nights till the end of Saturday, come link up if you have some time :)

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2013/06/meet-greet-blog-hop-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! Here from the Blog Hop! Just wanted to let you know I'm following you via GFC and bloglovin'! I hope you'll get a chance to visit me :o) You can find me here:

    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, your box was completely different to mine!!

    Sara - Pretty In Pink

    ReplyDelete