Translate

Friday 22 February 2013

Monu Gentle Cleanser: Review

I have been using the Monu Gentle Cleanser for a few weeks. I purchased it shortly after receving the January 2013 Glossybox as there was a different Monu product inside which i loved. After trying the sample of the Monu Micro-exfoliant, I had a look on their website at what other products they have on offer. At the time, I was on the look out for a new cleanser or moisturiser which doesn't irritate my skin (because my skin breaks out so easily) and I spotted the Gentle Cleanser.


Monu had a variety of cleansers on their website but I went for the 'gentle' one because it said that it was suitable for sensitive skin. Monu use only natural products, which assured me that my skin would improve and not get worse through use. It is reasonably pricey: £17.50 a bottle, but I wasn't bothered as long as it worked.

I applied the cleanser by putting a small amount on my finger tip and gently massaging it into my face. I took it off with a muslin cloth; on the bottle, it recommends that you take it off with a tissue or cotton pad but I preferred to do it this way so you don't get unwanted bits on your face. I didn't 'dry' it as much, just kind of dabbed and rubbed slightly. Afterwards, my skin felt so soft that I didn't even feel the need to moisturise. My face looked noticeably brighter and my complexion has improved in general. I now use it on a daily basis, usually just after I've had a shower as the steam helps it to seep in more.

On the back of the bottle, it always gives a tip on how to have a mini-facial with the product, which I now follow once a week. It states that you should take a little longer massaging gently into the skin, keep on the face for a couple of minute longer before using a hot, damp muslin/facial cloth to take it off. I like to just place the hot, damp muslin/facial cloth on my face and hold it there for a little while before just 'dabbing' it off.

Almost a 2-in-1 product; I will definitely be repurchasing. Also, Monu send a mini brochure of their products when you order online.

To purchase the Monu Gentle Cleanser, click here



No comments:

Post a Comment